We offer firearms appraisal services for insurance purposes, estate evaluations, and other legal matters. You will be provided with an accurate and detailed description of your firearms value for your records.
Why do I need an appraisal?
- Estate Planning
- Determining Replacement Value (insurance, theft)
- Damage Assessment (fire, water, human factors)
- Legal Requirements (Divorce, Probate, Bankruptcy, IRS)
- Establishing a Reference for Private Sales
- Establishment of Fair Market Value for Mediation Purposes
What is included in an appraisal?
A detailed appraisal document (either electronic or hardcopy) will be provided for each appraised item. The document will include specifics for the item that identify it, including make, model, caliber, serial number, condition and all other relevant information. Photographic documentation is also included for each item.
How is value determined?
- Fair Market Value
- Fair market value is the price of the item submitted, which in our opinion, could be achieved if the item were to be sold on the open market. This valuation does not take into account any sale expenses, commissions or taxes that might apply on a sale of the item.
- Marketable Cash Value
- This is fair market value minus all expenses. This value includes anticipated fees, costs and sales commissions. This valuation represents the actual proceeds that will be paid to the seller after the sale, which in some cases can be 25% to 30% less than the sale price. This method is often used in equitable distribution as well as divorce settlements.
Looking to liquidate the firearms in your estate? Our staff has the knowledge and experience to efficiently handle every aspect of the valuation and sale ensuring that you receive the maximum value for your collection. We are licensed to deal in all types of weapons including Title I and Title II (Machine Guns, Short-Barreled Rifles (SBR), Short-Barreled Shotguns (SBS), Suppressors (Silencers), and Destructive Devices) and can handle single estate pieces to armory size collections. We are able to legally take possession, store and/or sell any type of firearm or accessory. We have an attorney available, as needed.
We offer brokerage options to assist you if you are looking to sell a single firearm or an entire collection.
Option 1 – Cash Offer
With substantial capital resources, we posses the ability to purchase either a portion of, or your entire firearms collection. Payment is immediate and we will issue documentation showing that we have taken possession of the firearms.
Option 2 – Consignment
The consignment option assigns us the ability to sell your items on your behalf by utilizing our extensive network of buyers, dealers, and internet sales resources. We typically sell items relatively quickly, but depending upon rarity or condition, the sale of some items or collections can take an extended period of time to complete